- Develop a thorough understanding of the various portfolio attribution solutions employed by the
- team and their analytical outputs
- Conduct generalist quantitative equity and fixed income research using demonstrable market knowledge and intuition
- Solve real world portfolio management problems in a largely autonomous fashion while
- collaborating with the client and other team members.
- Handle enhanced analytics for clients across various geographies
- Develop sophisticated quantitative financial models used for portfolio analytics, asset allocation
- and security selection
- Translate academic and/or buy-side research into theses that are implementable and actionable.
- Stay connected and current with academic finance research and developments.
- Employs rigorous and logical analysis in timely manner demonstrating knowledge of financial
- concepts, best practices
- A portfolio analyst serves as a liaison between developers and users, management and IT.
- Support and complete various efficiency and capacity-building initiatives, including automation/
- standardization efforts.
- Doing product demonstrations internally as well as to clients
- Prioritize requirements and create conceptual prototypes and mock-ups
- Apply best practices for effective communication and problem-solving
Qualification,skills and abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or related technical field. CFA or progress towards charter preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with portfolio analysis, quantitative analysis, portfolio
management, trading, investment operations or related investment experience.
- Knowledge of quantitative investment practices, including portfolio attribution, is strongly
- Knowledge of global financial markets, portfolio management techniques, and investments.
- Investment decision making skills; financial analysis; strategic and theoretical skills.
- Strong technical skills, including basic programming languages is preferred
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Proficiency with Bloomberg, FactSet, MSC Barra, Reuters, etc. preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self starter who is able to prioritize workloads, operate under tight deadlines, and able to
maintain poise under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly accurate and detail oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to think on your feet and make good decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team based environment.